Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen

I'm so emotionally drained right now with saying goodbyes, which I always hate, as well as a few other things that I don't really care to go into detail over... nothing serious, only frustrating.

While packing tonight, the zipper on my duffle bag ripped off when I was trying to fit ONE MORE item in it and close it. This happened to be the straw that broke the camels back apparently and I just started crying. After a little finagling, however, I miraculously got it back on. Then one of my favorite collage frames (it holds four 5x7) fell over face first onto my toe and glass shattered all over the floor, then I started crying again... so I new it was time to stop packing for a bit.

On a much more positive note, my beautiful, talented, and above all Lord-loving friend, Molly, wrote about being at the "in between" stage in life in her blog and used a verse that was exactly what I needed to hear. And then I thought that somebody else might need to hear it as well so I'm putting it on mine:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (The Message)
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "

God speaks to me even when I have not done my part to search His word. Imagine what He would say if I spent the time with Him that I should!

3 comments:

Molly Swanson said...

Jenna, I'm so with you on how things can just pile up until I can't take it! I hope you're feeling better.
Thank you for your kind words on your comment and blog. I needed so much to hear my Daddy say the words in Jer. 29:11. I'll be praying for you, please pray for me too :).

Molly Swanson said...

ps- what does your title mean?

The Dodds said...

HELLO!!!!!!! Just thought I would say that instead of good-bye!